Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sorry about the lack of updates

I've gotten hit hard with a cold this week, so I've been pretty miserable. Of course, with this cold that means that my voice has been nonexistent much of the time. Lots of fun when you have to deal with house loan drama and make a lot of phone calls.

It's always interesting that when I lose my voice, my toddler asks me "what happened to your voices?" She doesn't quite understand that it's just voice and not voices yet :). Anyway, it's very difficult to explain to a 3-year-old that I just can't talk. I tell her that my voice is gone, and that it's just a voice problem I have. Sometimes she'll whisper back. I'm much more forgiving of a child whispering back to me than an adult who whispers back to me and laughs about it. I'll go into that later with my retail post.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Sorry to hear about your cold! I know they can be miserable! However, when I last had a cold, I actually was able to talk better than I was able to without the cold! Something about my vocal chords being swollen so they came together easier? Who knows! This whole ABSD thing is nuts!

I told an email friend of mine - who also has ABSD - to get in touch with you. I don't know if she has or not but, she also was diagnosed with SD when she was around 22. She knows what it is like.

Let me know if you would like to hear from her - just give me a note on my blog and I'll hook you up with her email!

I must agree with you about adults whispering. Of course I perfer that to when they yell. Because of course I must be DEAF if I can't talk!?!?!

Get well soon!