Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm #1!

Ok, just a quick post here. I've moved into my new house, but we had a lot of fun because we got hit with the flooding. I actually had about 3 feet of water in my backyard and about 1 1/2 feet above my storm drain at the end of the driveway. So, not only do I have the normal packing/unpacking routine, but I also had to do some flood prevention stuff, too.

Out of curiosity, I googled "spasmodic dysphonia awareness" today, as I was curious what kind of ribbon represents that. It turns out the video in my last post is the first hit on Google. Who would have thought that?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool!

Trisha said...

You are a star! Way to go!

Trisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trisha said...

Hey Arwyn . . .

I am home now and almost unpacked, rewashed, and organized.

If you send me your address, I will have your fabulous prize whisking its way to your house.

jay.kraushaar@sbcglobal.net

Trisha said...

Arwyn-

Did you get my package?

Arwyn Y. said...

Hi Trisha,

Yeah, I did get it. Thanks! I'm sorry I didn't let you know. Things are still crazy around here. No more flooding concerns, but my sister-in-law and her newborn are both having some major issues due to the birth (so we're always on alert), we took on another account at work, and we still haven't moved out completely from the apartment, so I'm always busy!

The chocolate was good, but it arrived melted. It wasn't even that hot here, but a short time spent in the fridge made it easily edible :). I love stationery and magnets and the like, so I really appreciate the notepad.

Trisha said...

Wow! I hope everything is okay with your sister-in-law and her baby! IT is never good when things happen to new mothers and tiny babies!

I am glad that everything arrived in passable condition - I am almost sure the chocolates melted in Texas on their way to you. I hesitated about sending them but thought you would pop them in the fridge and I personally love those little things!

Hope things are going well for you!